KNOXVILLE—A federal grand jury in Knoxville returned five separate indictments July 16 against 59 individuals involved in a conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine with 26 of those charged linked to Campbell County.
The investigation has shown that individuals involved were purchasing pseudoephedrine at local pharmacies and using that pseudoephedrine to manufacture methamphetamine at various locations in Anderson and Campbell counties, according to the release from the Department of Justice.
If convicted, all face a minimum and mandatory term of 10 years in prison and a maximum term of life, a maximum fine of $10 million and a term of supervised release of at least five years, the release shows. All will also face mandatory court assessments.
This indictment is the result of a multi-agency investigation including Campbell County Sheriff’s Office, LaFollette Police Department, Rocky Top Police Department, as well as federal, state and other neighboring agencies, the report shows.
Following the indictments, all suspects appeared in court between July 21 and July 24 before U.S. Magistrate Judge C. Clifford Shirley and pleaded not guilty to the charges in the indictment, according to DOJ records.
Those indicted in Campbell County were:
• Boshears, Amber B., 24, LaFollette
• Boshears, Carla D., 21, LaFollette
• Boshears, Starla Vella-Rae, 42, LaFollette
• Burress, Rebecca J., 31, Rocky Top
• Brumitt, Robert W., 40, LaFollette
• Elliot, Danny R., 30, Rocky Top
• Elliot, Sherri A., 52, Caryville
• Gill, Michael J., 39, Rocky Top
• Hall, Virgie D., 30, Caryville
• Harmon, Joseph D., 30, LaFollette
• Higdon, Jill L., 34, Rocky Top
• Hill, Marsha L., 40, Jacksboro
• Hurst, Wanda A., 41, LaFollette
• Lane, Penny L., 44, LaFollette
• Leach, Michael D., 44, Jacksboro
• Lowe, Amy M., 35, LaFollette
• Lumley, Kassondra D., 42, Jacksboro
• McKamey, Jason R., 31, Rocky Top
• Meadows, Jeffrey S., 34, LaFollette
• Moser, Roger L., 34, Rocky Top
• O’Dell, David W., 36, Caryville
• O’Dell, Joseph L, 35, Jacksboro
• Phillips, Danny R., 57, Caryville
• Smith, Randy N., 48, Caryville
• Tomblin, James Tyler, 20, LaFollette
• Wright, Katherine G., 39, Jacksboro
Carla Boshears, Starla Boshears, Burress, Brumitt, Danny Elliot, Sherri Elliot, Harmon, Higdon, Leach, Lowe, McKamey, Meadows, Mosers, David O’Dell, Joseph O’Dell, Phillips and Smith were also indicted for conspiring to distribute methamphetamine.